Friday, February 11, 2011

Blog Assignment 1 - Research Paper Proposal

            For my research paper for English 1310, I would like to write about the Federal Reserve. Obviously I will have to narrow down this topic because there are many different aspects of the Federal Reserve that I could write about. The Federal Reserve System started in 1913, so I would have to narrow down a timeframe as well. Therefore, I plan to focus on the time since Alan Greenspan was chairman (1987), so I will be talking about two chairmen, Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke. I am considering focusing on the monetary policy under these two chairmen, with emphasis on the money supply and inflation rates and the effects these policies have had on the economy.
            As a double major in political science and financial economics, anything involving the government or economics interests me. Something that involves both of these things is even better. Therefore, I would like to write my research paper on the Federal Reserve System and monetary policy, as it is something that greatly interests me and something I would like to learn more about. While most people my age like to watch Jersey Shore, I find interest in watching congressional hearings on the Fed on C-Span. Also, because I am in the Honors Program, I have to write a thesis before I graduate. By writing this paper, I will be able to practice writing about economics before I have to do so for my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment